With increased adoption of mobile applications across retail, commercial, and individuals, it is even more important for businesses to ensure smooth and seamless transactions. A report by eWeek reveals that, even during a crisis, it is critical for small and medium-sized businesses to become early adopters of digital processes and tools. Doing so enables acclamation to digital systems and efficient utilization for the business continuity.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Xamarin is fast becoming a preferred solution for mobile app development. Xamarin is a cross-platform application development framework delivering native Android, iOS, and Windows apps. Furthermore, it is an open-source UI framework.
Xamarin can help businesses reduce costs associated with app development as well as providing:
Xamarin brings the convenience of reusing codebases, including third party ones, such as Java and C++. This extends to the cross-platform support for Android, iOS, and Windows, where 90% of the codebase can be shared by Xamarin.
Xamarin plug-ins and APIs support cross-platform app development, translating into easier interaction with the operating device hardware. There is greater efficiency in countering hardware compatibility issues, if they arise.
Faster app development
With reusable codebases and simplified code sharing across operating systems, Xamarin allows for a faster app development cycle. Furthermore, the coding is based on C# and .Net libraries, contributing further to acceleration of the development process.
Ease of deployment
Typically, the Xamarin app development platform requires a good understanding of C#, with developers working on Xamarin Studio to enable app building across different platforms.
Efficient changes and modifications
Xamarin allows app developers to modify the source code for different platforms synchronously. This contributes to cost-savings; existing code works for the modifications.
Reduced error rate
Xamarin provides Xamarin Insights. This allows developers to analyze and track performance to ensure notification of errors or app crashes. Xamarin Insights can also track user patterns and user response to the applications, providing the business with useful insights.
Even as accelerated digitization demands rapid decision-making by small businesses, it is important to remember that app development services are a specialized area and best handled by professionals. Here are some critical considerations:
- As a first step, professional, outsourced IT inputs can help assess business needs and determine relevant solutions.
- How Xamarin can help and the extent to which it can help are questions professionals can answer best. It helps to choose providers with experience working with small businesses as they bring experience and understanding in addition to technical expertise.
- Professionals have troubleshooting help and expertise ready to access, if needed.
- Apps, like any other software, need consistent upgrades, security checks, and maintenance. Professional IT support helps bridge this gap, ensuring small business owners and operators gain both time and freedom, in addition to efficient app deployment.
- Learn more about custom application development at Analytix IT, with more than a decade of experience working with startups and small businesses, boosting capabilities and helping them ascend the growth curve.
- Email us at [email protected] or call us on 781.503.9002 today.
- Follow our blog for industry trends and the latest updates.
- Engage with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.