The eCommerce landscape is changing rapidly these days. Reports by Statista forecast that revenue from retail eCommerce in the United States will exceed 1.3 trillion dollars by 2025. Nevertheless, the pandemic accelerated the way eCommerce processes are being implemented at an extremely fast pace. This is because the pandemic ushered in the need for social distancing. In turn, this triggered the rush for businesses to find ways in which they could continue conducting business, carry out transactions uninterrupted, and ensure customer engagement stays sustainable.
What Drives eCommerce?
Almost 40 percent of US households shop online and in-person for consumer-packaged goods. According to research reports from the year 2021, the pandemic accelerated the digitalization decisions of businesses. The research also reveals that companies are investing in new technologies, assets, and personnel to optimize the digital experience for the customer.
Increasingly, technology is driving purchase decisions online with the help of eCommerce websites. Technology enables consumers to look up product or service details, understand the product or service being sold, and, more importantly, help them make the connection between their requirements and a particular business offering. Embracing technology relevant to eCommerce is essential for businesses to reach out to more users and convert them into customers.
Reaching More Customers Online
Technology brings products and services closer to customers, as they do not need to step out to shop. Whether through advertisements or well-strategized email and communication plans, technology has helped bridge the gaps.
- Personalized communication to help customers make their purchasing decisions
- Informative websites are also attractive enough to help visitors navigate quickly and drive conversions
- Ease of engagement for more details
- Safe and secure payment modes
Personalized User Content
Personalized user content is a great way to reach out to more visitors and help conversions. It supports the business’ efforts to reach out to more customers online. Studying user behavior while browsing is an effective way of developing or building user-driven or personalized user content. The aim is to identify and provide users with relevant information through your website.
Personalized user content can be better understood by identifying:
- Pages popular with visitors and content they spend time on
- Pages that help conversion
- Studying browsing history to understand purchasing behavior better
- Creating relevant content around this knowledge, including tailoring incentives and offers to promote purchases and conversion from visitor to customer
- Creating actionable content, wherever needed, to help provide clarity to customers and encourage them to purchase merchandise that may prove to be beneficial to them
Action item: Choose professional assistance, such as outsourcing partners, to support your business with technical capabilities and the infrastructure for designing and deploying plans or campaigns that can help engage visitors, map traffic, and help you determine customer-centered communication.
Implementing the Latest Technology for Faster Growth
Investing in the right technology is central to optimizing digitalization efforts. Technology advancements are usually rapid, and businesses must keep pace with them. Implementing the latest technology comes with multiple benefits for a business:
- Given the rapidly evolving tech landscape, staying updated is key to ensuring sustainable digitalization.
- Investing in the latest technology can help businesses keep pace with evolving customer needs and requirements. This is necessary to develop and maintain a competitive edge.
- Digitalization is an ongoing, dynamic process that involves upgrades and security updates. Reaching out to an outsourcing partner can help businesses optimize their technological efforts.
Leveraging Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence (AI) can help eCommerce businesses determine user needs better. As the technology grows by leaps and bounds, AI can support business needs by building algorithms to read visitor requirements and make relevant recommendations. An effective AI algorithm in place can help eCommerce websites makes suggestions; for example: If the visitor is looking for rock-climbing equipment, the website can also suggest purchases for the right shoes, apparel, and other gear associated with rock climbing.
Effective deployment of AI can also help send relevant recommendations even after the customer has completed a purchase from the eCommerce website. For example, someone who may have purchased a camping tent may receive requests for other related items such as portable chairs, etc.
Action item: Choose expertise insights to determine AI assistance and deploy it optimally. This can help prevent the needless expense of effort and money or loss in time and business opportunity.
Smart application of technology
Given the evolution of interactive technologies, customers can conveniently receive engaging, relevant content on their mobile phones or laptops. They no longer need to step out or even call stores to check for merchandise or prices and offers. Special, attractive offers that promise a good savings deal or a suitable combination of recommended items based on user profiles can prove helpful to even casual visitors. When combined intelligently with the use of reminder communication, including push notifications, interactive technology can help users choose their own convenient time to shop or even simply browse and add items to their shopping cart for a later purchase.
Leveraging social selling is also an intelligent utilization of technology to reach customers better and more speedily. Choosing the right social media platform can better help the business align with its target audience.
Action item: Review and choose a technical partner with proven expertise in eCommerce capabilities to help your business study, research, and build effective social selling campaigns and actionable content.
Advantage: Professional Partnership
- Save up on time and money needed for capital investment: With professional outsourcing assistance, infrastructure is already set up. Businesses do not need to invest time or money in creating an in-house system first.
- Harness the expertise and professional knowledge: Professional assistance allows businesses to circumvent the effort to hire, train, and manage a talent pool in-house. The expertise of professionals can be harnessed from the beginning of the planning stage itself.
- Tap into industry trends and best practices: Given the experience and expertise of professionals, businesses can benefit from higher-caliber work and a better understanding of e-commerce practices and implementation.
- Gain the competitive edge with value addition: For most businesses looking at fast growth, robust, reliable, and proven support systems provided by professional partners can help add value to client deliverables.
- Ensure better time and resource utilization: With critical and time-consuming tasks taken care of, businesses can devote time and attention to building revenue generation and business channels.
- Build a more substantial business: Given professional best practices, visitors and customers can experience safer engagement, more secure navigation, and a better browsing experience. In turn, these help the conversion from visitor to customer.