Mobile apps are projected to have the most impact on business in 2020. Native mobile app development for iOS and Android is resource- and time-consuming, and therefore difficult to maintain in today’s competitive market. The best solution to reduce the time and cost of app development is cross-platform development.
Based on the Stack Overflow 2019 Developer Survey, the top seven cross-platform mobile app development frameworks are:
- UI focused on React’s declarative paradigm and JS.
- Highly responsive with the best rendering abilities.
- Strongest community presence in the cross-platform mobile app development space.
- Significantly short development time.
- Support for third-party libraries.
Flutter is Google’s UI toolkit for building attractive, natively-compiled applications for mobile, web, and desktop from a single codebase.
- Fast development with fully customizable widgets.
- Highly customized user experience.
- Modern react-style framework.
- Expressive and flexible UI with layered architecture for full customization.
- Full native performance and features on both iOS and Android.
- Development capabilities on Linux, Mac, and Windows.
Free and open-source, Ionic offers a library of mobile-optimized UI components, gestures, and tools for building highly interactive apps.
- Adaptive styling for apps that look and feel at home on every platform and device.
- Developer-friendly Ionic CLI (Command Line Interface) to create, test and deploy your app.
- Simple and easy to learn.
- Cross-platform – write once, run anywhere.
- AngularJS MVC architecture for single page applications, optimized for mobile devices.
Xamarin is free, cross-platform, and open-source available for building Android and iOS apps with .NET and C#. Owned by Microsoft, Xamarin works on the WORA model to deliver stunning cross-platform UI.
- Single stack for faster development.
- Faster time to market.
- Flexible architecture.
- Strong development community.
- Shareable code for write once run anywhere with ease.
Previously known as Apache Cordova, the PhoneGap framework is a free and open-source platform that targets multiple platforms with one codebase.
- Reusable code across platforms.
- Accesses native device APIs.
- Framework devoid of any hardware restriction.
- Possible to wrap a web application into a native container.
- Rapid app development.
- Reliable framework for mobile app development.
- Native performance – attractive, accessible, platform-native UI without web views.
- Extensible – efficient 100% access to all iOS and Android APIs.
- Cross-platform – write and deploy native iOS and Android mobile apps from a single code.
- Strong backing of mission-critical enterprise support.
- Free and open–source.
Arguably the fastest cross-platform mobile app development framework, Corona is ten times faster than coding from scratch. Corona is powered by a ‘Lua’ based framework – the lightweight open-source scripting language that offers speed, ease-of-use, and flexibility to develop apps fast. Being the fastest, Corona is ideal for rapid creation of apps and games for mobile platforms.
- Single codebase.
- Plugins for all needs.
- Dominant APIs.
- Optimized for fast performance – apps are automatically compiled at build time, streamlined for performance and stability.
- Strong and active community support.
Choosing the right platform for your app matters now more than ever. As a strategic technology partner, Analytix helps build efficiency, speed, and reliability into your app development. We combine design with technologies, and transform powerful business-linked web apps using modern, multi-platform frameworks.
- Visit Analytix IT to learn more about our solutions for mobile application development.
- Download our corporate presentation to understand why our clients trust us.
- Drop us a line at [email protected].
- Visit our blog for the latest industry updates.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for the latest updates from Analytix.